The tradition of quality and precision at Conrex Steel has resulted in our industry leading Quality Assurance Program. Every operation is inspected and approved by qualified personnel, to meet the rigid standards demanded by the industry. Mill Test Reports with certified chemical and physical properties of the material are provided with all ASME heads.
Conrex Steel’s quality manual is maintained for ASME Section VIII, Division 1 and Division 2.
The company is qualified under a range of registrations and certifications:
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, section VIll, Division 1, authorization for use of the “U” stamp symbol, Certificate# 18941
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, section VIll, Division 2, authorization for use of the “U2” stamp symbol, Certificate# 37030
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA), Pressure Vessels Safety branch, Certificate of Authorization #QA. 131 for ASME Section VIll, Division 1
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA), Pressure Vessels Safety branch, Certificate of Authorization #QA. 03190 for ASME Section VIll, Division 2
- US/Canada Joint Certification Office, “Military Critical Technical Data Agreement”, Certification# 0041168
- Controlled Goods Program under the Defense Production Act, Certificate# 10850
Testing & Inspection
- Ultrasonic Soundness
- Magnetic Particle
- Liquid Penetrant
- Charpy V-notch Tests
- Brinell Hardness
Heat Treating – up to 2,000° F
- Plate Normalizing Facility
- Stress Relieving
- Normalizing and Quenching
Larger diameter heads shipment can be expedited by placing a weld seam in the blank when customer’s pressure calculation permits. All of our welders are qualified by ASME. ASME head weld seams will receive 100% x-ray. Conrex Steel provides Partial Data report (ASME U-2/U-2A or A-2/A-2A) at no extra cost. The welding shop is capable of stick-electrode, semiautomatic, gas shielded and submerged-arc welding.
All of the plate stocked at Conrex Steel complies with ASME code requirements. We stock a considerable inventory of Pressure Vessel Quality SA516-70 plates, in both “as rolled condition” and “normalized” condition and in thicknesses from 1/4″ up to and including 1 1/4″. All material furnished from our plate inventory is inspected for proper stamping of the material grade. Heat numbers are checked against the original Mill Test Report to ensure compliance. Mill Test Reports will be provided at time of shipment.