Employer’s responsibilities for Covid-19 outbreak
CONREX is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, suppliers, customers and other stakeholders. As such, we are currently monitoring the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak according to the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention), Health Canada and the World Health Organization. We want to share with you the actions we are taking to protect every interested party’s health and well-being.
While the impact of Covid-19 on each individual, the workforce, workplace, society and the economy is still evolving and developing, as an employer we are taking on the following responsibilities to help our employees navigate through this uncertainty.
In doing so we are committed to the following actions;
1. Conrex Steel has a Pandemic team that meets once a day to review all Government recommendations and to ensure that we continue to operate at full capacity and in the best interests of our employee’s, our employee’s families, the business and country.
2. Communicate updates with our employees from government, health authorities and corporate levels and the impact it has on our local workforce.
3. Maintain contact with all employees if any have been put into self isolation. As such, we will reach out every 72 hours
4. Provide proper hygiene and cleaning supplies and monitor their availability.
5. Provide a cleaning schedule for building and workstations. Including recommendations on cleaning frequency of particular equipment types.
6. Liaison with health units, government, head office, unions and other key interested parties to be able to provide effective communication on the ongoing business impact.
7. Provide links to financial, medical and other key support channels being provided during the current outbreak by government, our insurance companies and those we the employer can offer.
As the situation is changing on a daily basis, the company will continue to update their policies, procedures, notifications and other actions in effort to maintain good communication with our key stakeholders and best maintain normalized operations. We thank you for your support and diligence on this matter, and wish you and your teams health and perseverance, as we navigate through this challenging time.
About Conrex Steel Ltd.
Conrex Steel Ltd. is an ASME Code Head Fabricator for the Tank & Pressure Vessel industry. They are also known for fabricating Formed Elbows and have capabilities like Stress Relieving and Shot/Grit blasting. Check them out at www.conrexsteel.com