If you are looking for a rewarding career, and a chance to work with an industry leading team, Conrex Steel is now hiring for the position of Inspector at our main facility in Rexdale.
Conrex Steel is a North American based company providing world-wide service. With over 150 years of engineered driven expertise, Conrex Steel is a recognized leader within the tank head industry.
To inspect quality of work and materials (Carbon & Stainless) used in fabrication of products such as ASME Pressure Vessel Tank Heads or Spheres.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Testing specifications – standard manufacturing procedures (S.M.P), micrometer, Vernier calipers, ultrasonic thickness tester, paint thickness gauge, magnetic particle, heat measuring devices, hand tools such as a hammer, tape, ruler, QA/QC written procedures and manuals, drawings, air hoses, sweeps, box templates, metal stamps, overhead and jib cranes, grinders.
Plate, fabricated assemblies and sub-assemblies, welded articles, testing materials, such as dye penetrants, etc.
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION
Q.C. Manager, Plant Superintendent (in absence of Q.C. Manager)
SNT-TC-1A Level 2 certification for LPI & MT
• Interprets drawings, specifications, charts, technical manuals and procedures pertaining to work being inspected.
• Uses overhead cranes to lift product, measuring tape and ultrasonic thickness gauge to check product dimensions.
• Performs PT, MT and visually inspects for surface defects. Then removes defects by grinding.
• Marks or hard stamps on product as required.
• Measures, interprets and reports inspection results.
• Maintains SNT-TC-1A Level II certification for PT and MT.
• Monitors welder’s performance. (records welding parameters, i.e. volt, amp range)
• Calibrates equipment ( i.e. micrometer, caliper, MT equipment, furnace)
• Performs inspections outside the plant as and when required
• Keeps area clean and orderly, exercises all safety precautions while following the Health and Safety Policies.
• Works in plant or shop areas around production equipment with high level noise.
• Up to 25% of job involves physical activities: lifting, grinding, etc.
If this job is for you, please submit your resume to Corinne@conrexsteel.com