Your design, our commitment.
Conrex Steel and C.E. Macpherson Division, is a North American based company providing world-wide service. With over 150 years of engineered driven expertise, Conrex Steel is a recognized leader within the tank head industry.
With over 100,000 sq/ft of production space and Conrex Steel’s unique head forming, fabrication and heat treating capabilities, we offer a diverse range of products and services.
History of Conrex
- Originally founded as National Welding in 1948
- Was Purchased by Lukens Steel which dates back to 1818
- Became Canadian Lukens Steel in 1964
- Was originally focused on manufacturing heads for tank cars.
- Now specializing in Conventional, Segmental ASME Tank Heads, Spheres, and Formed Elbows
History of C.E. Macpherson
- A descendent of McKelvey & Birch LTD founded in 1898
- Near the onset of WWII in 1938 the company was contracted to do deep drawing for heavy artillery
- It was this process that set the path for the production of our dished heads
- Specializing in Conventional Cold form dished heads