Are you looking for a rewarding career at an established company with a long history of quality and customer satisfaction? Conrex Steel is currently looking for a Jr. Mechanical Engineer at our main facility in Etobicoke.
Conrex Steel is a North American based company providing world-wide service. With over 150 years of engineered driven expertise, Conrex Steel is a recognized leader within the tank head industry.
With over 100,000 sq./ft of production space and Conrex Steel’s unique head forming, fabrication and heat-treating capabilities, our team offers a diverse range of products and services.
Conrex Steel is looking for a Jr. Mechanical Engineer (or equivalent). This Engineer would be responsible for solving issues with “out of service” or repairs for fabrication machinery, Preventative Maintenance challenges (while working with the maintenance person), training Plant personnel on new machinery or machinery enhancements, facility and machinery compliance with regulations, execute project plans, creating drawings to assist with Estimating and the Robotics personnel, back up to robotic programming, assist in designing factory dies, plus new machine layouts and designs for our two Ontario Locations.
Assets for this role – solid understanding of CAD software, geometry knowledge, ability to get your hands dirty with machinery (fabrication shop), understanding of hydraulics, ability to understand machinery drawings, and knowledge of pressing metals, previous experience as a millwright or maintenance, MS Excel and Word, SolidWorks 2013, Mastercam X7 and Robot-master.
Logical, intellectual curiosity, creative/imaginary solution thought process. Someone looking for a long-term career in a company with a long history.
Duties and Responsibilities
Involved in monitoring and maintaining plant equipment and machinery to ensure that it’s running as required. Work with the Plant Manager and Maintenance person to fix any mechanical issues with the equipment (such as Presses, Flangers, Cranes, Furnaces, Welding equipment, etc.). A good understanding of Hydraulics will be important.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in industrial plant: Establishes standards and policies for pollution control, installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of equipment, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
• Directs maintenance of plant equipment and machinery and coordinates requirements for new designs, surveys, and maintenance schedules.
• Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
• Approves Invoices for R&M and allocates to the proper job/machine
• Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
• The Jr. Mechanical Engineer estimates the production cost for products the facility makes
Train Plant Personnel
Train and assist plant personnel in carrying out safety and quality control procedures so that everyone on the team is compliant with the appropriate regulations. They also deal with any administrative tasks that coincide with this training, such as completing reports or updating records.
Review Project Plans
The Jr. Mechanical Engineer will review project plans prepared by the VP of Engineering to ensure that timelines and blueprints are accurate and that cost estimates tie in with the budget. They also interpret developments along the way and provide advice and guidance for any necessary changes.
Ensure the Facility Complies with Regulations
The Jr Mechanical engineer will be responsible for ensuring the facility is compliant with the relevant regulations and by working with the Plant manager ensure that regular check-ups are carried out to verify that machinery and processes are safe or certified.
Develop Operational Plans
The Jr. Mechanical Engineer will develop operational plans for projects at different facilities, such as renovation or construction, maintenance, and machine installation.
Note: This role reports to the Vice President of Engineering but partnered with the Plant Manager.
If this job is for you, please submit your resume to Corinne@conrexsteel.com